Monday, February 07, 2011

MOVIE STARS AND PIN-UPS! Share the Love!

Hello all! I'm Karen Fisher, and I've been MIA from the Stampsmith Design Team blog for some time now! For those of you who are new since my last posting, I joined the team in the fall of 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed designing for the blog, but family duties have kept me from my studio!

I have some new "Love" themed cards to share with you, perfect for Valentine's Day! They were made using the wonderful stamps given to me by Estelle at her Greater New York Art Stamp Show, last November. She is very supportive and generous, and now that I'm back, I can't let her down!

The movie "Breakfast at Tiffany's" features the lovely AUDREY HEPBURN as Holly Golightly! Her image is available on the Audrey Hepburn plate by the Stampsmith. This card is a tongue-in-cheek reference to the movie, incorporating stamped images of oranges, eggs and coffee, to keep with the theme, and the text reads "Hungry For Your Love".


Marilyn Monroe was a movie icon and America's "Love Goddess" back in the day! This image is available on the Stampsmith's Marilyn 1 plate. She is "collaged" with a hand stamped cupid, luscious lips and patterned paper hearts.

This adorable little lady is from the Stampsmith's Pin-Ups plate, and I think she looks like Betty Grable! She was "collaged" with a book page that reads "femme fatale", patterned paper hearts and a hand stamped "love" definition and postage cancelations.

This image of AUDREY HEPBURN is available on the sheet of the same name from the Stampsmith. The idea for this card came again from the Holly Golightly character, who I thought was the craziest and most confused young lady! Thus, the concept of "Crazy For Your Love"! Using a book page which reads "tempt me to madness", a polka dotted heart and hand stamped text of Tiffany & Co., all are "collaged" together on a rose pink card.

All of the cards shown above are available in my Etsy shop:

2 comments:

Junie said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW I love your cards !!! Each one so different and I just adore the way you have them all together !!!!

Laurie said...

Audrey Hepburn stamps!! Hell ya!