Tuesday, March 15, 2011

HIGH SOCIETY DOG!

Once again, I've used the Stampsmith's New York stamp plate and created a 6" x 8" collage. This one incorporates the Rockefeller Center image with cutouts of a woman and dog taken from a book which features the annual high society dog shows of Long Island (NY) in the 1930's and 1940's. Other images to fit the theme, like "Tiffany & Co." and a "New York" postage cancellation, are stamped on patterned papers, along with vintage raffle tickets.

This collage is one of a pair, and can be seen in my shop on Etsy.

3 comments:

Gaby Bee said...

This is fabulous! Love the soft colors, images, layout...everything.
Gaby xo

Karen Fisher said...

Thank you Gaby! I went to your blog and now I'm a follower. Your artwork is stunning!
Karen

Jan Hennings said...

Oh My! Beautiful...beautiful!